Looking for the best OBD2 scanner for Honda? You have come to the right place!
The Honda brand is one of the best-known manufacturers of automobiles in the world. From small city cars to mid-sized sedans, SUVs and crossovers, they have a wide range of vehicle types available.
Their vehicles also happen to be very technologically advanced, which means that owners need to be able to diagnose and repair issues if they arise. One of the most common pieces of diagnostic equipment for any car is an OBD2 scanner.
These handy devices can help you check your engine light, see what codes it’s set to, and even reset them if necessary. This article will discuss the best OBD2 scanner for Honda, so keep reading!
How Does An OBD2 Scanner Work?
OBD2 stands for “On-Board Diagnostics.” The system is a standardized way of monitoring vehicle health. OBD2 scanners can be connected to your car’s computer system to read information like fuel efficiency, the amount of carbon monoxide in the exhaust, and even the amount of pressure in your tires.
They can also read information from your engine, including the number of miles left until the oil needs to be changed, and the engine temperature. This information can be accessed by your dashboard, and usually comes with an engine light.
Using an OBD2 scanner you can find out what that light means, and also reset it if necessary.
Why Do You Need To Use An OBD2 Scanner For Honda?
Hondas are very technologically advanced cars. When a light appears on your dashboard, it’s not just an indication of an issue. It actually means that it’s an issue that’s serious enough that the car has been programmed to shut down. The light will remain on until the problem is fixed. If you ignore it and drive the car, there’s a chance you could do serious damage.
Some of the lights on a Honda dashboard are even programmed to shut the car off while you’re driving. This is because some issues could be dangerous, such as a low tire or a problem with your oil. If you ignore them, the car will shut off to protect you, your passengers, and other drivers on the road. That’s why you need to use an OBD2 scanner for Honda.
Best OBD2 Scanner For Honda
(The Foxwell NT510 Elite)
Here is our detailed review of the Foxwell NT510 Elite where you will find out everything about this OBD2 scanner. This manufacturer offers several different models, but we will focus on the Elite version in this article.
It is one of the most affordable solutions from Foxwell and it comes with some useful features. You can use it to read engine codes, perform OBD tests, and reset the check engine light on your car. In this article, we’ll take a look at all the major pros and cons of the NT510 Elite scanner which might help you decide whether this unit is right for you or not.
When it comes to compatibility, there is no better scanner than the Foxwell NT510. It is compatible with all Honda vehicles, including cars, SUVs, and trucks. You can also use it on all other OBD2 vehicles that have a 16-pin port under the steering wheel.
The biggest advantage of this scanner is that it is one of the few models that can perform all basic functions on Honda cars. It supports all Honda models made since 1996, including Accord, Civic, CR-V, Pilot, and a few other models. The best part is that it comes with a one-year warranty, which is much more than what you get from other manufacturers.
Check Engine Light Reset
One of the most important features of any OBD2 scanner is the ability to reset the check engine light. If you get this error code, then you will need to reset it to turn off the check engine light.
If your car is a Honda, then you can take advantage of the Foxwell NT510 Elite scanner. You can reset the error codes by simply following the on-screen instructions.
The manufacturer ensures that you can erase all error codes in just 5 seconds with this tool.
Another useful feature of the Foxwell NT510 scanner is the reprogramming functionality. You can use this scanner to program keys for your Honda. You can also program the settings of your Honda like tire size, fuel capacity, and other parameters.
Even though the reprogramming functionality is a useful feature, you will need to spend some time figuring out how to use it. It would be better to watch video tutorials or read user guides to understand the functionality.
OBD II Protocol Support
Besides its compatibility with Honda vehicles, the Foxwell NT510 scanner also supports the OBD2 protocol. You can use it to read and erase codes on a wide range of vehicles including Ford, Chevrolet, Lexus, Toyota, BMW, and a few other brands.
The manufacturer has ensured that the NT510 Elite scanner is one of the most complete solutions on the market. With this OBD2 protocol support, you can use it on all vehicles manufactured since 1996. You don’t have to worry about the compatibility of this solution.
Major Features of Foxwell NT510 Elite
- Easy to use: The Foxwell NT510 scanner is a plug-and-play device which means that you can use it as soon as you connect it to the OBD2 port. The manufacturer has designed it to be user-friendly, even for beginners.
- Compact design: The scanner is compact in design and you can store it in a small space.
- Various warning lights: The scanner will light up the warning lights on the screen for any problem code. It will show you the root cause of the problem.
- Advanced car monitors: The scanner comes with advanced car monitors which will help you monitor your car’s performance.
Pros of the Product
– Compatible with all Honda cars: The NT510 scanner is made for Honda cars and it is highly recommended by several users. You can use it on all Honda cars manufactured after 1996.
– Easy to use: The scanner is a plug-and-play device so you don’t have to install any software on your computer. You can simply connect it to the OBD2 port and start using it.
– Excellent design: The unit has a compact design, so you can store it in a small space. You can also carry it in your car whenever you want to perform a diagnostic check.
– Advanced car monitors: The scanner comes with advanced car monitors which will help you monitor your car’s performance.
– One-year warranty: The manufacturer offers a one-year warranty on the Foxwell NT510 Elite. You can easily return it if there are any issues with the unit.
Cons of the Product
– Reprogramming functionality difficult to use: The reprogramming functionality of the scanner is difficult to use. You will have to spend some time learning how to use it.
– Can’t read some error codes: The scanner won’t be able to read some error codes. You may have to visit a mechanic to know the root cause of the problem.
How To Shop For An OBD2 Scanner For Your Honda
The first thing to do when shopping for an OBD2 scanner for your Honda is to decide which features you need.
There are a few key things that you need to be able to do with a scanner: read and clear engine codes, check your fuel economy, and check tire pressure. Beyond that, you can choose features like live data, app integration, and a trip computer. How much you spend will be determined by the features that you need.
Keep in mind that more expensive models will usually have more features, while less expensive models might be good for a basic user.
The Foxwell NT510 scanner is one of the best OBD2 scanners for Honda cars. Whether it is compatibility, design, or features, it has everything that a Honda owner would want in a scanner.
You can use it to reset check engine light, perform OBD tests, and reprogram your car keys. The reprogramming functionality is difficult to use, but other features are easy to use. This scanner is one of the best solutions for Honda cars and you should consider buying it.
Whether you’re a professional mechanic or just a DIY auto enthusiast, a good OBD2 scanner can make all the difference.